N E W S R E L E A S E
The Hague, Netherlands – Burlington MA, October 4, 2017 – Twelve clinical studies on improving outcomes of cataract surgery with Cassini, a novel diagnostic platform based on multi-color LED technology, will be presented at the upcoming ESCRS meeting in Lisbon, Portugal from October 7-11, 2017. The studies cover a wide range of research interests, including measurement of the posterior cornea, femtosecond laser assisted arcuate incisions for treatment of astigmatism and comparative studies of Cassini and other diagnostic technologies.
These studies demonstrate the importance of highly accurate measurements of the total cornea using proprietary LED ray-tracing technology when planning for best refractive outcomes in cataract surgery.
In addition to these studies, Professor Douglas D. Koch, MD, Houston, TX will be presenting Cassini LED technology in the Clinical Research Symposium, “Corneal Measurements and Their Effect on Toric IOL Power Calculations”, Saturday October 7 from 15.30-17.30 (Cornea Track, Room 2.1).
Mark Packer, MD, Chief Medical Officer of Cassini, observed: “Direct measurement of the posterior cornea for both intraocular lens power calculation and correction of astigmatism is becoming the hallmark of accurate refractive cataract surgery. We are excited to see surgeons and patients around the world benefitting from Cassini’s groundbreaking technology.”
The following 12 studies on Cassini will be presented at the ESCRS meeting:
1. J.H. Lee: ‘Comparison of color light-emitting diode corneal topographer and dual rotating Scheimpflug-placido topographer’
2. Á. Garcia-Garcia: ‘Corneal dioptric power, astigmatism and high order aberrations: a comparison between color light-emitting diode based (Cassini) and Scheimpflug technology (Pentacam) topographers’
3. R. Weinstock: ‘Astigmatism management during cataract surgery using arcuate incisions of toric IOLs with femtosecond laser system utilizing iris registration based cyclotorsion correction’
4. M. Jackson: ‘Femtolaser-Assisted Cataract Surgery (FLACS) II’
5. M. Morral: ‘Changes in posterior corneal astigmatism (PCA) following LASIK for myopic astigmatism using multicolor LED topographer’
6. P. Hagen: ‘Femtosecond laser-assisted implantation of toric MIOL based on automated corneal shape analysis in combination with a manual technique’
7. R. Melian: ‘Comparison of multiple anterior segment parameters obtained by 5 different topographers’
8. D. Visco: ‘Managing pre-existing corneal astigmatism using iris registration-guided, femtosecond laser-assisted arcuate incisions performed during cataract surgery’
9. C. Gutierrez Amoros: ‘Total corneal astigmatism (TCA) and equivalent keratometry reading (EKR) of multicolor LED topographer for the choice of intraocular spherical versus toric lens’
10. J. Soler Tomas: ‘Arcuate keratotomy using spot reflector topography for residual astigmatism after intraocular lens implantation’
11. J. Soler Tomas: ‘Monofocal toric intraocular lens implantation visual and refractive results’
12. R. Ruiz Mesa: ‘Evaluation of a novel color-LED corneal topographer and its comparison with two monochromatic LEDs and a Scheimpflug imaging device’
Cassini pioneers smart and superior eye diagnosis solutions that are affordable, fast and user-friendly for care providers worldwide to serve their patients best.
Cassini Total Corneal Astigmatism helps cataract surgeons to better understand corneal properties in order to improve outcomes and increase premium patient volume. Cassini offers a full suite of examinations required for toric and multifocal IOL implantation, including corneal topography, mesopic and photopic pupillometry and full color photography. The technology employs red, green yellow and IR LEDs that are each positioned in a unique relationship to four of its neighbors, giving each one a GPS-like coordinate. Cassini uses the ray-tracing principle to measure the relative position of each point, using the three different colors as ‘triangulation’ points.
SEE THINGS DIFFERENT
For more information please contact:
Jeroen Cammeraat, CEO, +31 70 399 31 12 email@example.com