Optical Engineer/ Technical Project Manager (32 – 40 hours per week)
Location: The Hague
Who are we?
Cassini Technologies pioneers smart, superior corneal diagnostic solutions that are affordable, fast and user-friendly, providing care providers worldwide with advanced technology that best serves their patients. Cassini helps cataract surgeons to better understand properties of the total cornea, in order to improve outcomes and increase premium procedure volume and patient satisfaction.
Cassini Technologies is a dynamic company within the Ophthalmology space. The company is growing rapidly and our product (Cassini Corneal Shape Analyzer) is sold to cataract surgery clinics directly as well as through a distribution network. In addition to the distribution network, Cassini Technologies works with strategic partnerships to drive commercialization.
The Corneal Shape Analyzer has obtained CE, FDA, Korean FDA, Chinese FDA approval and the company is ISO 13485:2016 certified. With a fast-growing global installed base, a highly talented team, and a very exciting development roadmap, Cassini Technologies is looking for an ambitious Optical Engineer/ Technical Project Manager to help the company to define and implement design changes and optimize production performance.
What do we offer?
When you work for Cassini Technologies you have a customer centric focus, also when they are your direct colleagues. The Cassini team is a young and dynamic and international group, with more than 50% of the colleagues being from outside The Netherlands. We are proactive and pragmatic.
We prefer colleagues who have a proven track record so we can give them the freedom to be successful in their line of work. In the role of Optical Engineer/ Technical Project Manager you will work closely together with the R&D team and our contract manufacturer in order to implement and manage optical and engineering changes. You will be located at our head office which is conveniently located within 3 minutes walking distance of the Central Station in The Hague.
- Manage external development partners and subcontractors. Execute development projects and design changes under your responsibility
- Being the “Technical Conscience” for the product, high level understanding of all HW & SW technology in the Cassini product being able to manage technical implementations by the various experts
- Work together with our suppliers to continuously improve the product quality and identify opportunities to reduce costs
- Develop new solutions and applications for future improvements to our products and new product design within specific markets
- Organize technical feedback from market, identify trends and propose improvements
- Collect feedback from production, identify trends and propose improvements
- Defining Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s) and implementing Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) internally and with our suppliers
- Participation in product FMEA and CAPA review, CCB and SCB regarding product changes (ECR)
- Work with suppliers to optimize yield and production average cycle time
- Put in place a program to manage cost price per produced product and to optimize manufacturing. Ensure full insight into cost build-up and set up and track cost reduction activities
- Maintenance of calibration and maintenance of instruments, tools and test equipment
- Monitoring of Non-Conformity Reports (NCR) and Requests-for-Repairs (RFR)
- Perform/ participate in supplier audits and internal audits
- Being involved in performing incoming goods inspections and final testing of complete systems before release
- Provide management reporting on manufacturing changes and performance
Who are we looking for?
You have at least a Master’s degree in engineering (optical, mechanical engineering, electronics engineering or related field) area and at least 3-5 years working experience in a manufacturing, supply chain, engineering or production management environment. Your English (Dutch is an advantage, but not required) is excellent both written and verbal.
The Cassini team recruits on the basis of core values, leadership attributes and proven expertise. The company believes in the equal importance of personality (the will) and the ability to deliver (the skill).
- Hands on personality with focus on perfection
- Affinity with production of mid tech and high tech products or components
- Disciplined and structured, very precise in regulations and procedures
- Can do attitude and a self-starter
- Flexible and able to handle ever changing situations
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Pragmatic and practical with an optimistic point of view
- Analytical and able to revise plans based on your analysis
- Service minded and perseverant in your focus on customer’s satisfaction
- Experience in the medical device industry (ISO13485:2016 and or FDA regulatory requirements) is considered a strong advantage.
Send your CV to: HR@cassini-technologies.com
For more information please contact Joris Vogels on +31 6 461 048 25 or email@example.com