Total Corneal Astigmatism is measured by raytracing through the individual input of the anterior and posterior corneal surfaces.
- Up to 700 ambient LED points measure the anterior and posterior cornea directly
- Instantaneous image acquisition eliminates the need to compensate for eye movement artifacts
- Not measuring the posterior corneal astigmatism could result in incorrect estimation of total corneal astigmatism, hindering toric IOL selection through overcorrection in with-the-rule astigmatism and under correction in against-the-rule astigmatism 9
- Nomograms & formulas are useful for IOL calculations, but may yield limitations in challenging and irregular corneas
- To improve the accuracy and personalize the measurements, the direct evaluation of the posterior corneal surface will be mandatory 10
- Point reflection keratometric data is trusted by cataract surgeons for planning and managing astigmatism
From femtosecond cataract laser platforms
State of the art Cassini preoperative iris imaging and astigmatism diagnostics are used to automatically compensate for ocular cyclotorsion, head tilt and movement that might occur during docking – allowing for increased accuracy in the placement of arcuate incisions and identification marks for toric IOL alignment.
Automatic connectivity will reduce manual transcription errors, procedure time and costs.
CASSINI COLLABORATES WITH
Diagnostics for advanced
Cataract surgeons will benefit from Cassini’s in-office diagnostics, uniquely developed for premium cataract surgery.
- Cassini encrypted connectivity
- Reduced manual marking
- Automatic cyclotorsion compensation
- Minimized manual transcription errors
- Easy-to-use application
- Reduced procedure time and costs
- Refined guidance for arcuate incision placement
- Improved accuracy with Total Corneal Astigmatism
- Pinpoint axis direction for toric IOL alignment
Ocular surface disease (OSD) can have a significant impact on your cataract outcomes. Cassini provides an incorporated objective screening tool to quickly identify ocular surface irregularities.
Screening application: Case example of an irregular ocular surface
Screening application: Case example of a regular ocular surface
Screening application: Case example of pre-DED treatment
Screening application: Case example of post-DED treatment
”We must actively examine cataract surgery candidates for OSD and begin treatment before biometry and surgery. This practice will lead to more accurate IOL power calculations with better outcomes and less residual refractive error.” 13
Real-time visualization to evaluate ocular surface behavior.
Cassini provides important diagnostics to manage astigmatism with confidence.
- Ability to detect central corneal irregularities 14
- Detailed topography mapping from visual axis to periphery for optimal evaluation
- Valuable corneal aberration profiling for toric and multifocal IOL screening
“Cassini is a better alternative for toric IOL planning and, as such, stands to pave the way for surgeons who have been hesitant to implant these premium lenses.”
Douglas Koch, MD
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
“Superior in central corneal measurement to Placido and Scheimpflug in case of high irregularity.“
A. John Kanellopoulos, MD
Laservision Eye Institute, Athens, Greece
New York University Medical School, New York, USA
”With Cassini preoperative planning, you can confidently treat your patient’s cataract with toric IOLs and provide precise astigmatism correction in a single procedure.”
Jonathan Solomon, MD
Solomon Eye Associates, Bowie, MD, USA
Light intensity reduced by 70%
Improved patient comfort
Faster acquisition & less chair time
Latest camera technology
Unique FLACS connectivity workflow
Platform for future functionality