Optical Engineer / Technical Production Engineer
Who are we?
Cassini Technologies pioneers smart, superior corneal diagnostic solutions that are affordable, fast and user-friendly, providing care providers worldwide with advanced technology that best serves their patients. Cassini helps cataract surgeons to better understand properties of the total cornea, in order to improve outcomes and increase premium procedure volume and patient satisfaction.
Cassini Technologies is a dynamic company within the Ophthalmology space. The company is growing rapidly and our product (Cassini Corneal Shape Analyzer) is sold to cataract surgery clinics directly as well as through a distribution network. In addition to the distribution network, Cassini Technologies works with strategic partnerships to drive commercialization.
The Corneal Shape Analyzer has obtained CE, FDA, Korean FDA, Chinese FDA approval and the company is ISO 13485:2016 certified. With a fast-growing global installed base, a highly talented team, and a very exciting development roadmap, Cassini Technologies is looking for an ambitious Optical Engineer/ Technical Project Manager to help the company to define and implement design changes and optimize production performance.
What do we offer?
When you work for Cassini Technologies you have a customer centric focus, also when they are your direct colleagues. The Cassini team is a young and dynamic and international group, with more than 50% of the colleagues being from outside the Netherlands. We are proactive and pragmatic. We prefer colleagues who have a proven track record so we can give them the freedom to be successful in their line of work. In the role of Optical Engineer/ Technical Production Engineer you will work closely together with the R&D team and our contract manufacturer to implement and manage optical and engineering changes. You will be located at our head office which is conveniently located within 3 minutes walking distance of the Central Station in The Hague.
· Gain high level understanding of the complete product (hardware and software) to be able to manage technical implementations by development partners and subcontractors.
· Execute design changes with external development partners and subcontractors.
· Identify and solve issues production issues with development partners and subcontractors.
· Collect feedback from production, identify trends and propose improvements
· Work together with our suppliers to continuously improve the product quality and identify opportunities to reduce costs
· Maintenance of calibration and maintenance of instruments, tools and test equipment
· Monitoring of Non-Conformity Reports (NCR) and Requests-for-Repairs (RFR)
· Defining Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s) and implementing Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) internally and with our suppliers
· Participation in product FMEA and CAPA review, CCB and SCB regarding product changes (ECR)
· Work with suppliers to optimize yield and production average cycle time
· Put in place a program to track cost price per produced product and to optimize manufacturing. Ensure full insight into cost build-up and set up and track cost reduction activities
· Perform/ participate in supplier audits and internal audits
· Being involved in performing incoming goods inspections and final testing of complete systems before release
· Participate in R&D development activities
· Provide management reporting on manufacturing changes and performance
Who are we looking for?
You have at least a Master’s degree in engineering (optical, mechanical engineering, electronics engineering or related field) area and at least 3-5 years working experience in a manufacturing, supply chain, engineering or production management environment. Your English (Dutch is an advantage, but not required) is excellent both written and verbal.
The Cassini team recruits on the basis of core values, leadership attributes and proven expertise. The company believes in the equal importance of personality (the will) and the ability to deliver (the skill).
· Hands on personality with focus on perfection
· Affinity with production of mid tech and high tech products or components
· Disciplined and structured, very precise in regulations and procedures
· Can do attitude and a self-starter
· Collaborative, open minded and open to criticism
· Pragmatic and practical with an optimistic point of view
· Flexible and able to handle ever changing situations
· Excellent communication and reporting skills in English
· Strong analytical skills
· Willing to handle assemble and disassemble hardware
· Service minded and perseverant in your focus on customer’s satisfaction
· Experience with Kanban is an advantage
· Experience with Solidworks is an advantage
· Experience with Zemax is an advantage
· Experience in the medical device industry (ISO13485:2016 and or FDA regulatory requirements) is considered a strong advantage
Send your CV to: HR@cassini-technologies.com
For more information please contact Ninta Ginting on +31 6 30 17 14 18 or firstname.lastname@example.org